Happy December, errrrybody!
We’re starting the month off on a good note down under. Bulleted for your convenience*
- I got a job last week. YES! It’s a three month gig, possibly six months, and possibly longer. I’m well suited for it, my team is pretty cool, there’s a wellness room with couches if we need to take a nap, and I have the best view, ever, right from my desk.
It’s also one of the few jobs I’ve had where I feel like the company I’m working for is actually doing something. It’s good feeling, so I’m crossing every crossable appendage that this job works out long term… or at the very least, the 6 month long term. Not only is it nice to have steady income, it’s also really nice to be in the air conditioning during the hottest times of the day. Which is basically the best part of being employed.
- our lease was renewed! Not that we had any real reason to believe it wouldn’t, but the building went under new management around the same time someone got evicted and two other neighbors moved out. So we weren’t sure if they were picking people off. Turns out they aren’t. And now we both feel like we can really settle in. Which means we finally get to put pictures on the walls! Huzzahhhh!
- we bought a tiny tree, and had our Second Annual 40 oz Tree Party. Last year, Joel came to visit me for the month of November. One day while I was at work, Joel bought an awesome tree for my place. I was incredibly touched. So we got some 40’s, made Pigs in a Blanket, put on Star Wars, and had a Tree Party. It was a fantastic night.
This year, we changed it up slightly. For one, you can’t get 40 oz beers here, and secondly, it was the day after Thanksgiving and we were still reeling from Wednesgiving, so we had tall glasses of Pink Milk instead. /wild. And they don’t sell rolled crescent dough, so we used real pastry dough. They ended up so rich, we could barely finish them.
And we watched Crocodile Dundee.
It was fun to relive our little tradition. And it’s definitely feeling a lot like Christmas around here.
- the last of my Stuff to Australia arrived! Granted there’s still 1/3 of a storage room with the rest of my life still in the States, this is the last of the homey stuff I couldn’t live without.
- Summer time! Sydney summer is a lot like summer in Florida. It’s humid from the moment the sun rises to the moment the afternoon thunderstorm hits. And watching the storms roll in from my desk is pretty choice.
Tune in tomorrow! Unless I’m dead from a lethal combination of watching Home Alone + PMS + Reese pumpkins.