So, here we are, closing in on the end of another month. It’s crazy how quick time is passing. In a few weeks, it’ll be the 6 month anniversary of me moving, and it sure as hell doesn’t feel like it. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentine’s Day, they’re all over, but it really feels like I just stepped off the plane last week. Shit’s crazy.
It’s been a quiet, but productive month here in Sydney.
- My contract at work was extended for 3 more months, which is FANTASTIC news, because I hate job hunting. Oh, and my job is pretty sweet. And, 37 hours of air conditioning a week is pretty cool, too.
- Autumn is supposed to start soon! The official first day is March 1, so I’m expecting to wake up on that day and need to wear a sweater. DON’T DISAPPOINT ME, WEATHER.
- Although, I shouldn’t complain too much about our beautiful sunny days. The east coast of the States is now suffocated with snow and ice, and the northern coast of Australia was pelted by cyclones and flooding this weekend. Things could always be worse. I just want to make a trip to the grocery store without having to change my shirt afterward. /sweaty
- Our visa application is really coming along, which is also totes exciting. We should be able to submit next month. *fingers crossed*
- We’ve been eating a lot of good meals made from scratch lately, which will be blogged about.
- Interior Decorating update: We have the couch in survivable condition! After sewing in new patches, and reinforcing said patches with duct tape and covering it with a sheet, “new couch” discussions have started, which is exciting. Poor couch is about to have all the life lived out of it.
I also suggested a new way to approach our gallery wall, which we both got excited about, so that might be happening soon. YAY!
- Joel has been crazy productive, working and scheming in the studio with his friend Aaron, and going on photo adventures on his day off. I’m so proud of him. Check it out!
- I’ve started a couple of projects this week. I’m looking forward to getting them off the ground in the next few months. I’ve also been checking out blogger networks and writing groups in Sydney. Time to get back in the saddle!
- Valentine’s Day was lovely and low-key. It was a hot day, so we went out for a sushi lunch, a nap in the park, a viewing of Child’s Play 2, and a romantic meat pie dinner (not a euphemism). Neither of us really care about Valentine’s Day, and it’s not nearly as big a deal as it is in the States. We were just excited to finally spend it in the same geographical area, haha.
- The grasshopper incident. I had a face off with a giant grasshopper. There’s a blog on that coming up. Brace yourselves for the mortification.
- Friends on Netflix. I’ve been secretly binging on this when Joel’s not around. I’m just drowning in the 90’s, and I love it. Also, I’m getting more and more jealous of Monica’s kitchen with every episode.
- Thanks to Amazon, I was reunited with my favorite cleaning products, ever:
It’s a great cleanser, is soft on hands, their Basil scent is the best scent ever, and it’s plant based and bio-degradable, so you can feel nice and smug and clean and smell good all at the same time. Also, I’m a sucker for throwback fonts and marketing. They also make candles and laundry soap/softeners, but I couldn’t import the candles and they don’t have laundry powder (which is all our machine uses. /womp womp
- I’m in the process of getting real nerdy with how I deal with my clothes. Real nerdy. If it’s fruitful nerdity, I’ll share it here. I mean, until I get that clothes program from Clueless, I’ll have to deal somehow.
That about wraps it up for us! Stay tuned this week for meal posts, grass hopper posts, and maybe even OTHER POSTS!