Today, a series of events:
- Left the house late
- Crowded bus
- Burnt coffee
- Forgot the referral I’m supposed to bring for the doctor I’m about to see at the apartment
- Crowded train
- Cancelled train, one stop later, due to power failure
- Scramble to find new bus stop (bus lines can be hard ok?)
- 2 semi-frantic calls to the doctor’s office because I’m standing at their address and can’t find their office and my appointment is in 4 minutes
- Find office at exact time of my appointment
- Doctor is 20 minutes late
- Pay $300 consult fee (ouch)
- Standing room only on train back to the city
- Walk up and down the same street for 10 minutes looking for building #87-89 and not seeing it (seriously, again?), but keep coming back to building #88. After second call to the office, realise I’m on the wrong side of the street. (D’oh)
- After a few more minutes of walking down the opposite side of the street, find that 87-89 is a full block ahead of building 88, in reverse order and in between numbers that don’t correspond in order. Nowhere is this fun fact mentioned on the website or by the office manager who answered my 3 phone calls (yes I called a third time) trying to find the damn entrance.
- Pay $200 for consultation because I misunderstood the website. (D’oh, again)
- Battle angry-sad PMS demon all the way home.
Some days are just dumb and expensive. And then, some days are dumb and expensive and hormonal. But sometimes, after said dumb, expensive, hormonal day, you realise you’re sitting on your couch in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday, wearing sweatpants and watching Jackass 3* and you think, “things could always be worse.”
After all, I got a smattering of good news today that I hope comes true. And our home feels extra homey lately, and not just an apartment we live in. And PMS doesn’t last forever**. Things are lookin’ up.
*I mean, I never thought I’d be a fan of Jackass, but hey. That’s not the worst show that I’m into. (Cough, Sisterwives, cough)
**at least until menopause. Which is kind of a shitty deal, isn’t it? Maybe things aren’t looking up. o_0