What a shit house month. Here’s your catchup for June:
- “Are you watching Dance Moms again?”
- Salted pork roast
- Sick and Moody
We managed to only leave the house for work and the grocery store for 3 straight weeks. And I managed to avoid major housework for almost 3 weeks as well. It’s been wild around here.
But surely it wasn’t all shit? You’re asking. And that’s true.
- We watched season 3 of OITNB in one day, and even though it wasn’t as good as I wanted it to be, and once it was over was devastating because we had been waiting for just about ever for the new season to start, which is making me re-think binge watching, it was still exciting.
- And Game of Thrones pulled a Wallace in The Wire and made me cry. My tears and my disappointment are my own fault–I assumed that HBO wouldn’t kill off my favorite character. Again. For the 6th time. #nevergonnalearn
- I started my new job. And I’ve been there for a month now, so that feels promising.
- My mom had a birthday! Yay mom!
- We broke down and bought a dehumidifier, which sucked out about 3 liters of water from the air in our bedroom in just 5 hours. No Fucking wonder we were sick all month. Our bedroom is a rainforest.
- New date to submit my visa application: July 30. Fingers crossed.
- Woo, all marriage between consenting adults legalised in the states!
- That scarf that I started during my staycation? I’ve finished it twice, and have taken it apart 3 times. I am currently half way through the 4th transformation and I’m sick of looking at it.
- Winter started on the first of June. And the first week of June was COLD. Like, frozen wind and single digits temps. But, the rest of the month was in the high 50’s, low 60’s (*F), a bit rainy, but mostly sunny and warm… which is my perfect kind of winter. And maybe because I’m loving the cold weather, or because I had two summers in a row, but I’m not as shocked that I’m in the wrong season. During our summer, I would see pictures of snow and cold in the States, and I just could not comprehend that I was in summer when it was supposed to be winter. And now, I look at pictures of the States in the summer sunshine and 4th of July prep, and it doesn’t phase me. In fact, I’m shocked that it’s not winter in the States. Maybe I’m adjusting. Whee!
- We saw the Stephen “Espo” Powers murals at Bondi Junction. We’re both fans of his, and it makes me happy to see his work around town. I have a soft spot for him because I’m a sucker for quirky romance and fonts. And puns. I’ve seen a few of his pieces in NYC, but it was super quick because we were driving or on a subway. SO it was awesome to actually look at them. After, we are breakfast at a diner. And it was perfect diner food. And it was the happiest we both had been all month. So glad the last weekend in June was killer. We needed it.
Annnnnd that’s about it.
I had a migraine that was pre-empted by fuzzy/blocked vision that was so bad, I was blind out of the left eye and partially out of my right for a good 15 minutes. I was terrified that I was actually going blind and that my retinas were detaching. But my first thought was, “oh no, what if this is the last picture I Instagram before I go blind?”
I’m really glad to know where my priorities lie.
Oh, and here’s your sunset report:
I woke up this morning, July 1, with a renewed sense of purpose and a reinvigorated feeling of life stirring in my bitter bones. Basically, July will be “start-over month.” And I’m looking forward to it.